We are grateful to have served alongside you and to be given the privilege of calling you colleagues. Many of you have served more than a decade in Christian education, which is an admirable legacy in today’s ever-shifting society. This steadfast service reminds us of the Israelites’ commitment to Yahweh in the Old Testament, and of the disciples’ faithfulness to their calling as ministers of Jesus in the New Testament.
You, too, have been the hands and feet of Jesus in your school and in your community. You have cared for and served children, families, colleagues, and others in education, many of whom you call friends.
Over the years you have seen change and tried new things, some successful and some perhaps not so, but each has been an opportunity for growth that has made you into the professional that you are today.
Who you are as an educator, and the unique way you have served the Lord can be compared to the words of Paul in Ephesians 2:10, “We are his masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepares beforehand so that we would walk in them.” Indeed, you are God’s masterpiece, and we celebrate you.
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for walking the journey in Christian education that God designed specifically for you all these years.
- Linda Boersma -- Langley Christian Elementary
- Nancy Bosma -- Surrey Christian School - Fleetwood
- Cathy Broughton -- Duncan Christian School
- Elizabeth Bron -- Surrey Christian School - Fleetwood
- John Bron -- White Rock Christian Academy
- Janice Gifford -- John Knox Christian School
- Lori Hall -- Abbotsford Christian Elementary School
- Bill Helmus -- Pacific Christian School
- Nancy Humphries -- Abbotsford Christian Elementary School
- Lyn Metzlar -- William of Orange School
- Stephen Onsorge -- Vernon Christian School
- Juergen Rose -- John Knox Christian School
- Marlene Roseboon -- Timothy Christian School
- Tina Shrimer -- John Knox Christian School
- Debbie Van Calsteren -- Cedars Christian School
- William Wild -- Pacific Christian School
May you now walk in the rest you have earned, and find different ways of serving Him in the years to come!
If you are retiring and have not been mentioned, our sincere apologies for this oversight.