Check out the new Well Being BC website which includes videos of experts on topics related to SEL(social emotional learning).
When you access one of the expert videos, the associated school videos appear beneath the video, providing information about why the topic is important, and how it could be implemented. All the expert videos will eventually have a Video Summary and Discussion Guide to assist with deeper engagement with the topics.
A few examples of expert videos:
- Why SEL is Vital to Student Success and Well-being
- How Movement and Exercise Increase Health and Well-being
- Benefits of Community Service Learning
- Developing a Positive School Climate
- SEL for Educators
- Kernels of SEL Practice
All the school videos feature BC independent schools including:
- Mood Meter (Pacific Academy)
- Second Step Program (Abbotsford Christian School)
- Intensive Exercise Using Heart Rate Monitors (Pacific Christian School)
- Peer Mediators Program Promotes Students SEL and Well-being (Vancouver Christian School)
- Staff Well-being and Teacher Mentors (Pacific Academy)
- Student-led Community Action Teams Increase Health and Well-being (Brockton School)
Jenny Williams, SCSBC Director of Educational Support Services & Safe School Coordinator led the development of this new website. Check it out!