What is a Staff Liaison?
The role of the Staff Liaison is to serve as an active and on-going link between the work of CEBC and the needs and interests of their school’s CEBC members.
A school campus’ CEBC staff Liaison should be:
- A “Full Member” of CEBC (teaching staff)
- One of the staff’s Employee Relations Representatives
- Committed to attending the InspirED Convention
- Committed to attending the and CEBC Annual General Meeting
What is the role of the Staff Liaison?
- Regularly engages staff on matters relating to CEBC
- Stays informed and up-to-date with CEBC’s work
- Promotes the benefits of CEBC membership to new and returning staff
- Speaks on behalf of school based membership concerns at CEBC’s AGM
- Effectively encourages staff to engage with CEBC’s Newsletter and website
- Actively reads CEBC’s newsletters, highlighting relevant issues for staff
- Keeps staff abreast of the on-going work of CEBC and the on-going benefits of membership
Shares the services of CEBC with staff:
- Professional Networking Opportunities
- Annual InspirED Convention
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Conflict Resolution, Facilitation and Mediation
- Policy development
- Professional Development Resources and Opportunities